Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Fun and Eventful Weekend in Charleston

Two weeks ago I went down to Charleston to stay with my parents while Richard traveled for work. Grady and I had a great time as usual, but on Friday just before Richard flew into Charleston my Mom and I had to rush Grady to the ER. Grady had what I thought were three seizures in a row. My pediatrician said to take him to the ER. Thankfully my Dad works at MUSC and he had a nurse waiting in the parking lot for us when we arrived! On the drive there I had to tell Richard over the phone what was happening. He was getting ready to bored his plane to Charleston, so it was a rough flight to say the least. After a thorough check-up, IV and bloodwork the doctors there said they think it wasn't a seizure but a bad reaction/choking episode to reflux. We still don't know for sure, but it hasn't happened again. Once we knew he would be okay Richard's flight landed and my Dad brought him to the hospital to see Grady. We felt like we had the "royal treatment" there as we were in and out in about two hours and saw many top doctors while we were there. It's nice to have your father working and well known around the hospital when you are a patient! After all the drama we went back to my parents and managed to make a quick drop-in at Shaun's 30th birthday bash. Then Saturday morning my parents went with us to the beach to get lots of great family photos. My Dad has an awesome new camera and he got lots of great pictures! Below are the pics from the hospital and the beach pictures. We also took a few at the boat landing in my parents' neighborhood.

Ditdough and Grady

Meme and Grady


Trying to sit up in the Bumbo seat

Grady in the ER. He was so brave getting his IV.

Meme giving Grady lots of love.

I was so stressed, but relieved he was okay.

Ditdough going in to give Grady a kiss.

Richard was SO happy to see Grady!

Crying again. He was getting the IV out this time.

Back at Meme and Ditdough's after a long night.

Sucking his thumb!

LOTS OF BEACH PICS!













Pics from the Brickyard boat landing

Just sitting on the dock of the bay, wasting time . . .




Grady has had enough of picture time!

First time, of many I'm sure, climbing on construction equipment.


No comments: